A. Michael GianantonioAttorney
Attorney A. Michael Gianantonio choose a career in law because it is a noble and challenging profession. This lightbulb went off when he realized that being a lawyer was about being a fighter for people who could not fight for themselves. The job took on a new sense of importance at that time.
We are constantly challenging companies and insurance companies that have endless resources, so we have to be ready to fight harder and tougher than they are willing to fight each and every moment. It is our job to tell you all of the good and bad things about your case because you are going to need to make some very important decisions so you should hear all of the facts concerning your case. To this end, he is organized and tenacious in his approach.
Michael grew upon in Rochester, Beaver County. He worked with the AAJ in regard to drafting fact patterns for its National Law School Trial Competition.
- Pennsylvania, 2002
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2002
- Groat v. Steelton State University, Case File, American Association for Justice Student Trial Advocacy Competition, 2013
- "The Practical Use of the Trial Advocacy Course in Today's Legal Education Curriculum," Duquesne Law Review v. SO Number 3, Summer 2012
- Chase v. Steelton Pit Bulls Hockey Club, Inc., Case File, American Association for Justice Student Trial Advocacy Competition, 2012
- Vronsky v. NFTC, Case File, National Institute for Trial Advocacy Tournament of Champions 2010
- Memorandum opinion, Joseph Grkman, Jr. v. 890 Weatherwood Lane Operating, et al.
Areas of Practice
- Nursing Home Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
Honors and Awards
- Duquesne University School of Law Adjunct Professor Award, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Adjunct professor, Duquesne University School of Law, 2007- Present
- Professor, Cyril H. Wecht Institute of Forensic Science & Law, Duquesne University Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, 2012 - Present
- Coach, mock trial team, Duquesne University School of Law
- First place, "National Student Trial Advocacy Competition," American Association for Justice, Duquesne University School of Law, 2011
- First place, "Buffalo-Niagara Mock Trial Tournament," SUNY Buffalo Law School, Duquesne University School of Law, 2008
- First place, "National Tournament of Champions," National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Duquesne University School of Law, 2008
- Elected member, Allegheny County Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2015 - Present
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Member, Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- "Current Issues in Elder Abuse and Neglect Cases," Duquesne University, 2016
- "Health Care Law & Clinical Ethics: Practical Ethics," University of Pittsburgh Consortium Ethics Program Weekend Conference, 2014