D. Aaron RihnAttorney
During the course of his career Attorney Aaron Rihn has helped his clients recover in excess of $40 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. He has tried cases to verdict in both Pennsylvania and West Virginia, and argued before a number of the highest appellate courts including both the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals and 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Rihn leads the firm in complex litigation matters, including class actions, wage and hour collection actions, pharmaceutical cases, civil rights cases, and other product liability cases, as well as appellate matters. Mr. Rihn was appointed to the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in the Federal Prempro MDL. He has been selected as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers Association, and is a former Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star. Aaron is also a member of both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum.
Aaron wanted to be an attorney ever since he saw Gregory Peck in To Kill a Mockingbird. Atticus Finch has likely been an inspiration to generations of lawyers who are the conscious of the nation, and, along with the press, the best and last defense against tyranny.
Aaron approaches his practice by getting to know his clients and understanding their motivations and expectations. He is dedicated to treating each and every one of his clients with respect, regardless of their background or education, and is very passionate about the law, and about his clients.
Attorney Rihn tries to infuse that passion into everything he does - to resonate with a jury.
Aaron grew up in Tarentum, Pennsylvania, a mill town just north of Pittsburgh. Like many other working parents, his free time is spent hopping from extracurricular activity to extracurricular activity with his three children, and he loves every second of it.
University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia
- J.D. cum laude - 2000
Grove City College, Grove City, Pennsylvania, United State of America
- B.A. - 1997
- Major: Literature
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2011 - 2014
- Top 40 Lawyers Under 40, National Trial Lawyers, 2012-2014
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- In re Prempro, 230 F.R.D. 555 (ED. Ark 2005)
- Slivo v. City of Pittsburgh Municipal Pension Fund, 882 A.2d 24 (Pa. Cmmwlth 2005)
- Sexton v. Grieco, 613 S.E.20 81 (W. Va. 2005)
- Ashbury-Castro-GlaxoSmithKline, 352 F.Supp. 729 (N. D. W. Va. 2005)
- Virden v. Altria Group, Inc., 304 F.Supp.2d.832 (N. D. W. Va. 2004)
- In re West Virginia Asbestos Legislation, 592 S.E.2d 818 (W. Va. 2003)
- Swierkowski v. Consolidated Rail Corp., 168 F.Supp.2d 389 (ED. Pa. 2001)
- Grammer v. Kane, 570 F.3d 520 (3d Cir. 2009)
- Pennsylvania, 2000
- West Virginia, 2001
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2001
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 2001
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2005
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2006
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit