Pittsburgh Asbestos Exposure and Mesothelioma Attorneys
You May Be Able to Win Compensation So You Can Access the Medical Care You Need in Pittsburgh, PA
For over four decades, our mesothelioma lawyers have dedicated themselves to seeking justice and compensation for our clients. We are committed to helping those who have received this diagnosis access the treatment that can help them. If you or a loved one were exposed to asbestos, whether on the job or at home, you deserve help dealing with your medical bills and other difficulties mesothelioma can introduce into your life.
With a proven track record of success and a personalized approach, we're confident in our ability to help you, and we strive to keep clients informed throughout the process. If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, our team of attorneys at Robert Peirce & Associates, P.C. may be able to help determine whether you have a case against an old employer or property owner.
Reach our team of experienced Pittsburgh mesothelioma lawyers today by calling (844) 383-0565. We can help you pursue fair compensation after a mesothelioma diagnosis.
Mesothelioma is an aggressive cancer caused by inhaling asbestos fibers that can get stuck in your lungs. The longer your exposure to the material, the higher your risk of developing the disease. So far, there is no cure, but patients can improve their prognosis with treatments like radiation, chemotherapy, and surgery.
All of this can be quite costly, not to mention the personal effects of living with a cancer diagnosis. Those who have been diagnosed may have to stop working or ask a loved one to cut back on work to help them access care. This is why compensation is critical: It can help cover all of these costs, allowing you to receive the best possible treatment.
At Robert Peirce & Associates, P.C., our mesothelioma attorneys in Pittsburgh have represented countless clients with mesothelioma who have suffered from the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pains
- Night sweats
- Loss of appetite
If you're suffering from mesothelioma, you might be entitled to compensation. You don’t need to fight this cancer alone. Our attorneys can clarify your options and guide you through your next steps.
What Are Common Asbestos-Related Injuries?
The following are some of the effects of asbestos exposure:
- Cancer of the lungs: Asbestos exposure can cause lung cancer, which starts in the lungs and spreads quickly to other parts of the body. Most people don't realize they have lung cancer as a result of asbestos exposure until it is quite advanced.
- Pleural Plaques: Pleural plaques are caused by the hardening of tissue around your lungs and diaphragm. Masses may show up on an x-ray even when there are no symptoms.
- Asbestosis: Asbestosis leads to lung tissue inflammation and scarring. Inflammation results in scarring. A person with this condition may experience chest pain, shortness of breath, decreased appetite, and fingernail deformities.
- Thickening of the pleura: The lining of the lungs becomes strongly scarred as a result of heavy scarring. As it thickens, it can cause chest pain and breathing problems.
Mesothelioma Trusts: What Are They?
Due to the large number of mesothelioma claims, many asbestos manufacturers filed for bankruptcy years ago. In their bankruptcy agreements, many of these companies had to establish asbestos trust funds for employees exposed to asbestos. If you need to file a civil lawsuit or if you can recover money from one of the trusts, speak to an attorney.
What Questions Should I Ask a Mesothelioma Lawyer?
Ask as many questions as you can during your free consultations. Below are some suggestions:
- What is the number of mesothelioma cases you have handled?
- Did any of them go to trial? Did any of them settle?
- Did you have any success handling these types of cases?
- How will you explain to the jury and judge the complex legal and medical terminology?
- Is it easy for me to reach you if I need an update on my case?
The following questions are a good starting point, but there are many more.
Schedule a free case evaluation with one of our mesothelioma attorneys in Pittsburgh. Call us now at (844) 383-0565 to get the process started!
“My experience with Robert Peirce & Associates, P.C. was exceptional. From the first day that I contacted them, I knew I made the right choice. Their entire team is very knowledgeable and guides you through the entire process with ease.”- Kelly Weber
Simply fill the form out below to request your free consultation and we will be in touch shortly.