Elizabeth A. ChiappettaAttorney
Attorney Elizabeth A. Chiappetta was drawn to the practice of law to help people and to use her investigative skills to get answers. Trying jury trials is the ultimate manifestation of what Liz does, but her true desire is to make clients comfortable in a tough time, such as when dealing with families who have lost a loved one, or someone who has undergone a life-changing accident.
Elizabeth and her husband and sons are members of the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation, Children's Trust, and they are also members of St. Bernard Church in Mt. Lebanon, Pennsylvania.
Elizabeth focuses on being as responsive as possible. She is not afraid to be candid with clients while being empathetic and sympathetic to how the truth may be hurtful or upsetting. She is very observant, conscientious, dedicated, sensitive, and empathetic.
Elizabeth grew up in Buffalo, NY and went to an all-girls school there, Nardin Academy. She is still quite proud to be from Buffalo, and is a devout Buffalo Bills football fan. She is the mother of two sons so hobbies have subsided lately, but she enjoys cooking, traveling, interior décor, and of course spending time with her husband and family.
Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2007
Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
- B.A. cum laude - 2004
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer Rising Stars, 2013 - 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- President, Executive Board, Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Board of Governors, Pennsylvania Association for Justice, 2014-present
- Executive Committee, Pennsylvania Association for Justice, 2017-present
- Inducted member of Academy of Trial Lawyer of Allegheny County, 2017-present
- Current Issues in Nursing Home Litigation, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2015
- Nursing Home Litigation, Pennsylvania Association for Justice, September 2016
- Nursing Home Litigation, Allegheny County Law Library, 2017
Pro Bono Activities
- Co-Coordinator, Long Term Care Clinic, Pittsburgh Pro Bono Partnership
- Pennsylvania, 2007
- West Virginia, 2008
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 2008