Katelyn Dornburg EdwardsAssociate
Katelyn Dornburg Edwards was drawn to the practice of law after helping take care of her grandmother. Her grandmother had to rehabilitate in a nursing home, and having spent time with her there, Katelyn knew that individuals who did not have family members needed advocates.
She has been a part of a family who cares 24/7 for an elderly loved one, so she knows what our clients are going through on a personal level. She understands how exhausted they are, so hopes to be able to take the burden of substandard care and legal claims off their plates.
Katelyn always tries to convey that she knows where her clients are on a personal level and that she is there to lend a sympathetic ear. Families facing these issues do not need one more stressor in their lives.
Katelyn grew up in the North Hills and attended St. Alphonsus for grade school and middle school and Pine-Richland for high school. She went to Allegheny College for her undergraduate degree in History with minors in Spanish and English and then went to The University of Pittsburgh for law school.
In her free time, she loves running and competing in half marathons with her husband, Adam. She also handles volunteer protection from abuse (PFAs) for domestic violence victims in Allegheny County through Neighborhood Legal Services and volunteers as a wedding coordinator St. Alexis Parish with her mother and godmother.
Her family is involved in The Lighthouse Foundation for individuals recovering from substance abuse and addiction issues.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Law Review: Pittsburgh Tax Review, Research Editor, 2012 - 2014
Allegheny College, Meadville, Pennsylvania
- B.A. cum laude - 2011
- Major: History
Honors and Awards
- Vice President, University of Pittsburgh School of Law Women's Association
- Recipient, "Don M. Larrabee History Prize," Allegheny College, 2011
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, 2014 - Present
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, 2014 - Present
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, 2014 - Present
- Allegheny County Bar Association, 2014 - Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Neighborhood Legal Services, pro bono work involving protection from abuse orders
- Pennsylvania, 2014
- West Virginia, 2015
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2015
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia