Robert N. Peirce III
Attorney Robert N. Peirce III was drawn to the practice of law not only because it is a family business, but because of a commitment to helping protect people that was instilled in him from a very young age. In every case he takes on, Rob does his best to try and immediately understand his clients’ needs and the purpose of the case to move promptly and efficiently towards a quick resolution. He does not focus on “lawyer-speak” but rather will communicate with clients so they understand their rights and legal options.
In The News
- GlaxoSmithKline to pay $3 billion for health fraud
- Business workshop: Employers can be liable for tick bites
- Gig economy drivers, including those for Uber and Lyft, need protection
- Don't drive certain Rangers, Ford warns after Takata air bag death
- Suit claims Allegheny County Jail inattention caused miscarriage
Media & Radio Apperances
- 90.5 WESA
- WPXI Pittsburgh
- WTAE Pittsburgh
- CBS Pittsburgh
- CBS News
- Pittsburgh City Paper
- National Public Radio
- Entertainment Tonight
- 93.7 The Fan
- ESPN Radio
- Fox News
- Fox Business
- WISH 99.7
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- The Pennsylvania Record
- Washington County Observer Reporter
- USA Today
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1995
Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- B.A. - 1992
- Major: Communications
Honors and Awards
- Academic All Big 10 Award, 1989 - 1990
- Academic All Big 10 Award, 1991 - 1992
- Duquesne University School of Law Fellows, Class of 2015
- Board of Trustees, Allegheny County Bar Foundation
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Bell Acres Civil Service Commission
- Duquesne Society Founders Circle
- Guest lecturer, Hazards of Lead-Based Paints, National CLE Conference, 1989 - 1990
- Stevens v. Kantanka (2008) - Represented plaintiff in semi tractor-trailer collision
- Diggs v. UPMC (2010)- Represented family of hospital patient allowed to wander onto hospital roof and died of hypothermia
- Meyer v. Union Railroad (2002) - Represented railroad brakeman who sustained torn ligaments in elbow and a herniated cervical disc in FELA action against railroad for failure to maintain railroad control levers in a safe condition
- McCrea v. Nationwide Ins. Co. (2009) - Represented driver in auto accident who suffered TMJ, dental injuries, torn rotator cuff, ankle ligament damage, and cervical sprain
- Borowski v. CNA Ins. Co. (2001) - UIM claim for negligent operation of a motorbike - represented minor plaintiff who suffered fractured nose, foot, and ankle
- Saulka v. State Farm Ins. Co. (2001) - Represented plaintiff passenger in UIM claim against driver who made a negligent left turn and hit plaintiff’s car.
- Ondrako v. State Farm Ins. Co. (2004) - Represented plaintiff who suffered a cervical vertebra fracture in accident where other driver at intersection negligently waved her through the intersection
- Felinczak v. Brennan (2001) - Represented passenger in auto accident who sustained facial scarring and ruptured ligament in the right knee, requiring reconstructive surgery and insertion of orthopedic screws, against defendant driver who was served alcohol by defendant bar.
- McClung v. Clark (2000) - Represented driver who was rear-ended against tortfeasor and in UIM claim against own insurance carrier; driver suffered fibromyalgia and depression.
- Ramsey v. State Farm Ins. Co. (2001) - Represented plaintiff driver who suffered chronic myofascial pain syndrome, cervical and thoracic strain syndrome associated with muscle tension headaches, and thoracic radiculopathy in UIM claim against driver who rear ended plaintiff.
- Parker v. City of Pittsburgh (2000) - Represented plaintiff who fell on crumbling city sidewalk and suffered wrist fracture and torn ankle tendons.
- Romitz v. Erie Ins. (1999) - Represented pedestrian who required arthroscopic surgery after being struck by uninsured motorist
- Pennsylvania, 1995
- West Virginia, 1996
- Ohio, 2001
- Kentucky, 2010
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1995
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 1996
- 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals- 1996
High Profile Cases
- Excessive Force / Officer Michael Rosfeld (2018) – Two adults alleging wrongful arrest.
- Ford / Takata Airbag (2018) - Plaintiff died from defective exploding Takata airbag.
Opioid Litigation (2017)
- Represented numerous PA Counties against opioid drug manufacturers for role in opioid epidemic that has resulted in record overdose deaths and increased public spending.
- Beaver County suing opioid painkiller firms, doctors
- Westmoreland County to sue to recoup millions spent on opioid crisis
US Steel/Clairton Coke Works
- Represented plaintiffs in class action lawsuit against US Steel for injuries from pollution.
- Lawsuit against U.S. Steel claims pollution from Clairton Coke Works harming residents
- Represented plaintiff in products liability action against manufacturer of Poligrip denture cream.
- Woman sues over damage from Poligrip
Allegheny County Jail (2010)
- Pursued a civil rights class action against the Allegheny County Jail alleging that the jail's practice of conducting blanket strip searches of misdemeanor detainees before they go to trial is unconstitutional. Obtained a preliminary injunction, which prohibited the jail from continuing this practice until the case was resolved.
- $3 million being distributed in county jail strip-search case
- Filed lawsuit against online fan club MileyWorld, on behalf of Miley Cyrus fan club members who were misled by the website’s promise to provide preferred access to concert tickets.
- 'Hannah Montana' fan club sued
Peter Pan/Great Value Peanut Butter (2007)
- Represented family of woman who died of salmonella from Peter Pan/Great Value peanut butter.
- Lawsuit claims tainted peanut butter killed Lawrence County woman
- Ellwood woman's family sues over death
- Represented clients who had fallen ill from hepatitis A outbreak at Chi-Chi’s restaurant.
- Lawsuit filed in hepatitis outbreak