The founder of Robert Peirce & Associates, Robert N. Peirce Jr. (Bob) knew early on that he wanted to pursue a career in law. What he did not know at the time, was just how extraordinary his career path would be.
As the son of missionaries, financing his education was a challenge and he was fortunate to receive a scholarship to attend Geneva College in Beaver Falls. Bob’s participation on the debate team solidified his goal to become an attorney and to attend his school of choice, Duquesne University Law School. Duquesne was generous enough to offer Bob an interest free loan and part time work on campus. Upon graduating from law school, Bob was filled with gratitude for the opportunity that was afforded to him. Over the years, Bob has shown his appreciation by repaying both Duquesne University and Geneva College with acts of kindness through donations and the establishment of an interest-free grant-loan program. He went on to also write a piece for The Duquesne Lawyer titled "A Debt to the Law School I've Never Forgotten.”
Among his early successes, Bob tried dozens of criminal cases earning great recognition. Two years out of law school, he won a 1st degree murder case. While building his career as an attorney, Bob also developed a strong interest in politics. In 1971, he was elected Clerk of Courts of Allegheny County and was elected to the Office of County Commissioner of Allegheny County in 1975.
In 1980, Bob founded his own firm, Robert Peirce & Associates, laying the building blocks for what would become one of the area’s premier law firms. Since then, Bob has built a team of legal professionals that have counseled, advised, represented, and litigated on behalf of clients nationally in all 50 states.
A profoundly respected attorney, Bob is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association, National Panel of Arbitrators, American Arbitrators Association, American Association for Justice, Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys, Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He was one of seven attorneys selected by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to be a member of the Elder Law Task Force Committee. He serves on the Board of Directors of Heinz History Center and Manchester Bidwell Corporation and has received numerous awards for both professional and personal accomplishments throughout his life.
Under Bob’s leadership, Robert Peirce & Associates has become one of the country’s major law firms in handling mass tort cases. The firm has represented over 21,000 railroad employees and more than 4,000 steel workers who suffered from asbestosis, lung cancer and mesothelioma. Personally, Bob has handled over 10,000 real estate tax assessment cases. Early in his practice, Bob was one of the first attorneys to handle Social Security Disability cases. Having represented over 30,000 cases, Robert Peirce & Associates is one of the largest Social Security Disability law firms in Western Pennsylvania.
Building a family business anchored by generational values of trust and integrity remains the foundation of Robert Peirce & Associates. Today, Bob’s son, Rob serves as the Managing Partner of the firm. He has achieved a substantial amount of success both in and out of the courtroom and is largely responsible for the firm doubling in size.
“Trust is the core of the firm, and we continuously earn that from our clients every day. Our attorneys and partners are exceptionally skilled professionals, aptly guiding people through difficult legal situations, and I take great pride in our entire team. It has been a privilege to help our friends and neighbors for over 58 years."
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Geneva College, Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
Honors and Awards
- Brother's Brother Foundation Award, 2015
- Distinguished Alumni Award, Duquesne University, 2003
- Appreciation Award, Pittsburgh Hearing & Speech Association, 2001
- Outstanding Achievement in the Area of Community Service, 1979
- Distinguished Award, Alumni Association of Geneva College, 1978
- Distinguished Service Award, Alumni Association of Geneva College, 1978
- Outstanding Services as a Member of the Southwestern Pennsylvania Regional Planning Committee, 1976 - 1980
- County Commissioner of Allegheny County, elected 1975
- Stony Brook School Alumni Achievement Award, 1974
- Allegheny County Home Rule Study Commission, elected 1973
- Delegate to Republican National Convention, elected 1972, 1976 & 1980
- Pittsburgh Jaycee Good Government Man of the Year Award, 1972
- Good Government Man of the Year, 1971
- Elected Clerk of Courts of Allegheny County, 1971
- Outstanding Man in America, 1969
- Stony Brook School Alumni Achievement Award, 1955
- Man of the Year Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- National Panel of Arbitrators, Member
- American Arbitrators Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 1988 - Present
- American Association for Justice, Member, 1993 - Present
- Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys, Member, 1995 - Present
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 1987 - Present
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Elder Law Task Force Committee
- Heinz History Center Board of Directors, Member
- Manchester Bidwell Corporation Board of Directors, Member
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Elder Law Task Force Committee, appointed 2015
- The Duquesne Lawyer, "A Debt to the Law School I've Never Forgotten", Summer, 2011