Scott Simon always knew he wanted to help people, and as an attorney in the Healthcare Liability Department at Robert Peirce & Associates, that is exactly what he does every day. Scott represents clients, who, in his own words, are facing one of the worst situations of their lives. While Scott’s areas of practice are diverse, all the cases he handles involve protecting and advocating for the rights of individuals that are harmed by the negligence of another. He takes a vested and personal interest in each client and family, and his goal is to help them get answers and justice for the unfortunate, unacceptable situations or treatment they have experienced and endured. This personalized approach has enabled Scott to successfully litigate hundreds of claims on behalf of families who had a loved one injured in a health care facility. Additionally, Scott is a trusted and respected leader within the firm, overseeing the lien resolution of all active litigation for the entire office.
Scott received his law degree from Duquesne University School of Law and his undergraduate degree in political science magna cum laude from California University of Pennsylvania. A college athlete, he played baseball, first in Panama City, FL as a freshman and then at California University of Pennsylvania.
Scott joined Robert Peirce & Associates in 2010 and became partner in 2018. A respected professional in his field, Scott was named to the prestigious Academy of Trial Lawyers in 2020, as well as a Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers, from 2012-2016 and a Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2013-2022. He is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association, American Bar Association, Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice (AAJ), U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, and U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania.
Scott and his wife, Brooke, reside in Cranberry Township. They have three children and enjoy spending time with their family and friends who also live in the area.
“In order to effectively advocate for and represent my clients, I need to understand what my client is looking to accomplish with their particular case. With that, I try to take a personal and individual approach with each case so that the client and I can work as a team to accomplish their goals of the litigation.”
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- California University of Pennsylvania, California, Pennsylvania
- B.A. magna cum laude - 2005
Honors and Awards
- Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers, 2012-2016
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013-2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Elected Member, Allegheny County Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2020-Present
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Life Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Life Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Pennsylvania, 2009
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2010
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2014