For Robert N. Peirce III (Rob) being an integral part of the family business is an honor. As Owner and Managing Partner of the firm, Rob works closely with his father Robert N. Peirce Jr. (Bob) the founder of Robert Peirce & Associates. Together, they have built one of the areas most respected and dominant law firms.
Rob earned a degree in Communications from Michigan State University, at Michigan State he played Lacrosse and was a 4 year letter winner. Following in his father’s footsteps, Rob graduated from Duquesne University School of Law.
Upon joining the firm, Rob litigated hundreds of personal injury and accident cases and began making a significant impact by pursuing lead paint poisoning cases and representing children across the nation who were exposed to lead based paint in government housing. This experience resulted in the firm increasing a growing number of pharmaceutical, and product liability cases and helping thousands of clients who have suffered due to corporate negligence. Rob Peirce is recognized as a seasoned litigator who has built a remarkable reputation in skillfully navigating clients through these complex cases.
A respected leader in his field, Rob was a former member of the Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association Board of Governors, as well as the Allegheny County Bar Foundation. He is a member of the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice and most notably, is admitted in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Ohio to practice law in all four states. Keeping abreast of legal issues and trends are all part of Rob’s ongoing commitment to the legal profession. He is a member of the Million Dollar and Multi -Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lawyers of Distinction 2020, 2021 and 2022 and National Trial Lawyers top 100 Civil Plaintiffs.
Media outlets, both local and national, rely on Rob Peirce as an expert source. Rob has been invited to lend his expert opinion, regarding particular legal issues that arise as part of a news story. NBC News, People Magazine, USA Today, Fox News, ABC News and CBS News are just a few of the prominent media outlets that have featured Rob as an expert. In Pittsburgh, Rob regularly appears as a source for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Tribune Review, Washington Observer-Reporter, KDKA TV, WPXI TV, WTAE TV, multiple radio stations and has a recurring interview role on KDKA Radio’s Marty Griffith Show.
Robert Peirce & Associates is a law firm built on generational values of trust and integrity that were passed down in the Peirce family and are the fundamental principles that resonate within the firm today. Hiring likeminded attorneys who share a similar work ethic is of utmost importance. He considers staff to be family and affords them the flexibility and creativity to determine how to best move their own cases forward and encourages collaboration and support among the greater team. The attorneys consider the firm as a home away from home—a great testament to excellent leadership.
Rob and his wife, Stephanie, have two sons, Neill, who is attending Duquesne University School of Law, and Chris, who is a Calvary Scout in the US Army. Outside of work, Rob enjoys spending time with his family and visiting the family hunting camp.
"At our firm, it's never about image or advancement. It's about valuing people, working hard and helping them through a crisis. It’s not a coincidence that each and every person who works here is innately empathetic and pursued a legal career because it would allow them to help others." Rob Peirce
In The News
Media & Radio Appearances
- Good Morning America
- 90.5 WESA
- WPXI Pittsburgh
- WTAE Pittsburgh
- CBS Pittsburgh
- CBS News
- Pittsburgh City Paper
- National Public Radio
- Entertainment Tonight
- NBC News
- World News Tonight
- 93.7 The Fan
- ESPN Radio
- Fox News
- Fox Business
- WISH 99.7
- New York Times
- CBS News
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- The Pennsylvania Record
- Washington County Observer Reporter
- USA Today
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
Honors and Awards
- Academic All Big 10 Award, 1989 - 1990
- Academic All Big 10 Award, 1991 - 1992
- Duquesne University School of Law Fellows, Class of 2015
- Board of Trustees, Allegheny County Bar Foundation
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Lawyers of Distinction in Personal Injury Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Bell Acres Civil Service Commission
- Duquesne Society Founders Circle
- Bell Acres Zoning Board, 2022 - 2024
- Guest lecturer, Hazards of Lead-Based Paints, National CLE Conference, 1989 - 1990
- Stevens v. Kantanka (2008) - Represented plaintiff in semi tractor-trailer collision
- Diggs v. UPMC (2010)- Represented family of hospital patient allowed to wander onto hospital roof and died of hypothermia
- Meyer v. Union Railroad (2002) - Represented railroad brakeman who sustained torn ligaments in elbow and a herniated cervical disc in FELA action against railroad for failure to maintain railroad control levers in a safe condition
- McCrea v. Nationwide Ins. Co. (2009) - Represented driver in auto accident who suffered TMJ, dental injuries, torn rotator cuff, ankle ligament damage, and cervical sprain
- Borowski v. CNA Ins. Co. (2001) - UIM claim for negligent operation of a motorbike - represented minor plaintiff who suffered fractured nose, foot, and ankle
- Saulka v. State Farm Ins. Co. (2001) - Represented plaintiff passenger in UIM claim against driver who made a negligent left turn and hit plaintiff’s car.
- Ondrako v. State Farm Ins. Co. (2004) - Represented plaintiff who suffered a cervical vertebra fracture in accident where other driver at intersection negligently waved her through the intersection
- Felinczak v. Brennan (2001) - Represented passenger in auto accident who sustained facial scarring and ruptured ligament in the right knee, requiring reconstructive surgery and insertion of orthopedic screws, against defendant driver who was served alcohol by defendant bar.
- McClung v. Clark (2000) - Represented driver who was rear-ended against tortfeasor and in UIM claim against own insurance carrier; driver suffered fibromyalgia and depression.
- Ramsey v. State Farm Ins. Co. (2001) - Represented plaintiff driver who suffered chronic myofascial pain syndrome, cervical and thoracic strain syndrome associated with muscle tension headaches, and thoracic radiculopathy in UIM claim against driver who rear ended plaintiff.
- Parker v. City of Pittsburgh (2000) - Represented plaintiff who fell on crumbling city sidewalk and suffered wrist fracture and torn ankle tendons.
- Romitz v. Erie Ins. (1999) - Represented pedestrian who required arthroscopic surgery after being struck by uninsured motorist
- Pennsylvania, 1995
- West Virginia, 1996
- Ohio, 2001
- Kentucky, 2010
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1995
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 1996
- 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals- 1996
High Profile Cases
- Excessive Force / Officer Michael Rosfeld (2018) – Two adults alleging wrongful arrest.
- Ford / Takata Airbag (2018) - Plaintiff died from defective exploding Takata airbag.
- Opioid Litigation (2017)
- US Steel/Clairton Coke Works
- Polygrip (2010)
- Allegheny County Jail (2010)
- Pursued a civil rights class action against the Allegheny County Jail alleging that the jail's practice of conducting blanket strip searches of misdemeanor detainees before they go to trial is unconstitutional. Obtained a preliminary injunction, which prohibited the jail from continuing this practice until the case was resolved.
- $3 million being distributed in county jail strip-search case
- MileyWorld (2007)
- Filed lawsuit against online fan club MileyWorld, on behalf of Miley Cyrus fan club members who were misled by the website’s promise to provide preferred access to concert tickets.
- 'Hannah Montana' fan club sued
- Peter Pan/Great Value Peanut Butter (2007)
- Chi-Chis’s (2003)
- Represented clients who had fallen ill from hepatitis A outbreak at Chi-Chi’s restaurant.
- Lawsuit filed in hepatitis outbreak