At a young age, Adrian J. DeGori started telling everyone that she was going to be a lawyer—which surprised no one. Her family agreed that she had the personality, the ability to argue a case, and the drive to master the profession. After attending The Pennsylvania State University in State College, she went on to obtain her law degree at Ohio Northern University. She completed a summer internship in criminal defense, only to find that this area of law was not for her.
Wanting to stay close to her family in Sewickley, PA, Adrian always planned to live in Pittsburgh. So, right out of the gate, Adrian started as a contract attorney at Robert Peirce & Associates. When a job opened there in Social Security Disability, she accepted it and has never looked back. Her patience, empathy, and professionalism are the perfect combination for working in this area. As the firm’s only attorney handling this department, she enjoys being in court every day and the significant amount of client contact. Social Security Disability is a very tough, complex process, and Adrian finds that keeping her clients informed from start to finish has made a difference. She takes care to be completely upfront with them to ensure they are fully aware of the challenges they may face, as well as the possible outcomes. Her clients feel comfortable and trust her in representing them in matters that can be life changing.
Adrian is a member of the National Association of Disability Representatives (NADR), National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR), Allegheny County Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association, American Bar Association, American Association for Justice (AAJ), and Pennsylvania Association for Justice. In her free time, Adrian enjoys attending sporting events, trying new restaurants, and spending time with her family and her new baby girl, Vivia.
“My clients applying for social security disability benefits are usually sick, have nothing, and are not working. Some lose everything while waiting for a hearing. They depend on me to win, and I find so much joy in helping them.”
- Groch V. General Motors, Ohio N.U.L, Rev., Vol.35, No.3, 2009
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio
- Law Review: Ohio Northern University Law Review, Associate Editor, 2008 - 2010
- The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2020-2022
- Top 10 Under 40 Attorney Award, 2020-2022
- Lawyers of Distinction Recipient 2020-2022
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Disability Representatives (NADR)
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR)
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania, 2011
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2011