Pittsburgh Amputation Injury Attorney
We Fight for Compassionate Compensation for Amputation Cases in Pittsburgh, PA
An amputation injury can result in significant and permanent changes to your life. You may be unable to work, drive, or perform activities you once enjoyed. You may also be forced to undergo costly medical treatments that can affect your finances. In these cases, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Amputation injuries are among the most serious and devastating injuries that can occur in an accident. When an accident results in an amputation, it is critical to have a personal injury attorney who will fight for you to ensure that you are fairly compensated for your injuries. At Robert Peirce & Associates, P.C., our experienced amputation injury attorneys in Pittsburgh can help.
What is Amputation?
An amputation is a surgical procedure in which a part of the body, such as a limb or an extremity, is removed. This procedure is usually performed due to medical conditions or severe injuries that have rendered the affected body part non-functional, diseased, or life-threatening. Amputations may be partial or complete, depending on the extent of the condition or injury.
While severe accidents or injuries that cause irreparable damage to a limb may require amputation, amputations may also occur when someone has cancer, an infection, or poor blood circulation to the extremities.
Common Causes of Amputation Injuries
Amputation injuries can be caused by a wide variety of accidents, including:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Car, motorcycle, truck, or other motor vehicle accidents can lead to serious injuries, including traumatic limb injuries. The impact of the collision or the crushing forces involved can result in severe damage to the limbs, necessitating amputation.
- Workplace Accidents: Certain work environments, such as construction sites, factories, or industrial settings, pose a higher risk of accidents that can cause limb injuries. Examples include getting caught in heavy machinery, getting crushed by falling objects, or being involved in equipment-related incidents.
- Industrial Accidents: Similar to workplace accidents, industrial accidents in sectors like mining, manufacturing, or oil and gas can also lead to severe injuries requiring amputation. Explosions, chemical exposures, or machinery malfunctions can be contributing factors.
- Electrical Accidents: Electrical shocks and electrocutions can cause significant damage to the body, including burns and tissue destruction, which may result in the need for amputation.
- Firearm Injuries: Gunshot wounds can cause devastating damage to limbs, making amputation necessary in some cases to save a person's life or prevent the spread of infection.
- Farming Accidents: Farming involves the use of heavy machinery and equipment, increasing the risk of accidents leading to limb injuries. Tractor rollovers, machinery entanglement, and other incidents can result in traumatic amputations.
- Recreational Accidents: Various recreational activities, such as sports-related injuries, boating accidents, or accidents involving power tools at home, can lead to traumatic limb injuries and potential amputations.
- Explosions and Blast Injuries: Explosions, whether caused by gas leaks, industrial incidents, or acts of violence, can cause severe trauma to limbs, often necessitating amputation.
- Medical Complications: In some cases, medical complications resulting from accidents, such as severe infections or inadequate treatment of injuries, may lead to the need for amputation.
These accidents can result in amputations of fingers, toes, hands, arms, legs, or even parts of the face, such as an eye or ear. In some cases, amputations may be the result of a condition that develops over time, such as gangrene or an infection. Regardless of how your amputation injury occurred, our firm can help.
Types of Damages You Can Recover in an Amputation Injury Lawsuit
When you are fighting for your rights after an amputation injury, you will want to work with an attorney who has experience with these cases. Our team at Robert Peirce & Associates, P.C. has the knowledge and experience to help you recover the compensation you deserve. We will fight to ensure that all relevant parties are held accountable for your injuries and that you are fairly compensated for your pain and suffering.
We can help you recover damages for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- And more
We know that these cases can be challenging, which is why we work with medical experts to build the strongest case possible. Our firm also works with a team of legal professionals who can help with all aspects of the case, from discovery to negotiation. When we take on your case, we are in it for the long haul.
If you have suffered an amputation injury, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Our firm can help. Call our Pittsburgh amputation injury attorneys at (844) 383-0565 or contact us online today for a free consultation.
“My experience with Robert Peirce & Associates, P.C. was exceptional. From the first day that I contacted them, I knew I made the right choice. Their entire team is very knowledgeable and guides you through the entire process with ease.”- Kelly Weber
Simply fill the form out below to request your free consultation and we will be in touch shortly.