Tylenol Autism Lawsuits
Tylenol Autism Lawsuits
Pittsburgh Tylenol Autism Lawyers
Tylenol use while pregnant has been linked to a higher chance of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in newborns. Parents are now taking legal action against Tylenol as this information develops.
Did you take Tylenol while pregnant and your child was later diagnosed with ADHD or ASD? There could be a connection. Call Robert Peirce & Associates, P.C. at (844) 383-0565 right away to see if you can start a claim for compensation and justice. You might also be able to join a class action lawsuit if one forms.
Why should you pick Robert Peirce & Associates, P.C. for your Tylenol autism lawsuit?
- We have more than 40 years of legal experience.
- We are often featured in local news and media for taking tough cases.
- We have won hundreds of millions of dollars for our past clients.
- We are active in our community and love to give back.
Contact us now for a free consultation about Tylenol autism lawsuits.
Tylenol Linked to Autism
Has Tylenol really been linked to higher autism or ADHD rates? According to emerging research that has been conducted across the last few years, yes. There does seem to be a more-than-coincidental connection between Tylenol use among pregnant mothers and ADHD and ASD diagnosis rates in their children.
Three important Tylenol-autism studies include:
- American Journal of Epidemiology (2018): More than 130,000 pairs of mothers and children were observed in this study, which concluded that the use of acetaminophen – the generic form of Tylenol – could cause up to a 30% increase in neurodevelopmental disorder risk.
- Johns Hopkins (2019): Researchers used data from the Boston Birth Cohort to examine acetaminophen levels in umbilical cord blood. The data followed children for at least 20 years after they were born for signs or diagnoses of neurodevelopmental disorders. The study concluded that there was a nearly 300% increase in ASD diagnoses among children who were born with high levels of acetaminophen in umbilical cord blood.
- Nature Reviews Endocrinology (2021): Dozens of medical researchers released a consensus statement to warn that data convincingly showed that ASD and ADHD in children could be caused by Tylenol use during pregnancy.
Should Pregnant Mothers Stop Taking Tylenol?
Although research has shown a convincing link between ASD/ADHD and prenatal Tylenol use, there is still more research to be done. Pregnant mothers are urged to consult with their doctors about the continued use of Tylenol. There might be an alternative painkiller to use instead.
Developing Tylenol Autism Lawsuits
Lawsuits have already formed against major corporations for failing to warn pregnant mothers about the link between Tylenol and autism spectrum disorder and ADHD in children. Multi-district litigation (MDL) has been requested to handle the large number of lawsuits that are likely to form. Robert Peirce & Associates, P.C. and our Tylenol autism lawsuit attorneys are headquartered in Pittsburgh. However, if a class action lawsuit is formed and you can join it based on the merits of your case, then we can help you regardless of where you call home.
Can You File a Tylenol Autism Lawsuit?
Was your child diagnosed with ASD or ADHD? Did you use Tylenol while pregnant? You might be able to file a claim or join a class action lawsuit, depending on the specifics of your situation.
You could have a valid Tylenol autism claim if:
- You used Tylenol frequently while in the second or third trimesters of pregnancy.
- You did not use alcohol, tobacco, or illicit drugs while pregnant.
- Your child did not suffer any birth injury that could cause a neurodevelopmental disorder.
- Your child was not born prematurely.
- Your child was diagnosed with ASD or ADHD.
- Your child was not diagnosed with certain disorders like Down syndrome.
Contact Robert Peirce & Associates, P.C. Now
Legal action is forming against Tylenol and major retailers for selling the product to pregnant mothers without any warning of ASD and ADHD links. Do not miss your opportunity to seek justice and compensation for your family. Call (844) 383-0565 now to connect with our Tylenol autism lawsuit attorneys to discover your legal options.
“My experience with Robert Peirce & Associates, P.C. was exceptional. From the first day that I contacted them, I knew I made the right choice. Their entire team is very knowledgeable and guides you through the entire process with ease.”- Kelly Weber
Simply fill the form out below to request your free consultation and we will be in touch shortly.