Pittsburgh Hernia Mesh Lawsuit Attorney
Protecting Patients’ Rights for More Than 40 Years
About 1 in 10 Americans will develop a hernia in their lifetime, according to Medscape. The go-to treatment has long been the use of a surgical mesh, which for some, is effective in supporting weakened or damaged tissue around a hernia. Sadly, however, patients across the nation have reported complications and injury due to defective hernia meshes. Spurred by these reports, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has recalled numerous hernia meshes since 2005.
If you are among the many Americans injured by these defective medical devices, you may be eligible for compensation. At Robert Peirce & Associates, P.C., we have decades of experience standing up to big companies and corporations. We won’t let Ethicon (part of Johnson & Johnson), C.R. Bard, Atrium, or any other hernia mesh manufacturer get away with harming patients in Pennsylvania and nationwide. Our legal team will work to secure every penny owed to you.
Contact a Pittsburgh hernia mesh lawsuit attorney online for a free consultation. There are no fees unless we win your case!
Types of Hernia Meshes
There are three main types of hernia meshes:
There are also absorbable and nonabsorbable hernia meshes. Each of these medical devices can be defective.
At Robert Peirce & Associates, P.C., we accept cases concerning any type of hernia mesh. If you are not sure which hernia mesh injured you, our Pittsburgh lawyers can help you find the answer.
Hernia Mesh Complications
The FDA has recalled hernia meshes over a variety of reasons, from packaging errors to high failure rates, to severe complications.
The most common hernia mesh complications, according to the FDA, include:
- Adhesion, such as when the mesh sticks to the tissue around the hernia or becomes embedded in the surrounding scar tissue;
- Bowel obstruction, or when the large or small intestine is blocked;
- Fistula, which is when an abnormal connection forms between two or more body parts;
- Hernia recurrence, or when the hernia recurs because the mesh failed to work as intended;
- Implant erosion, such as when a nonabsorbable mesh degrades or an absorbable mesh degrades too quickly;
- Mesh migration, such as when the mesh gets displaced and moves around;
- Seroma, which is when fluid builds up around the surgical site;
- Tissue and organ perforation, meaning the large or small intestine, neighboring organs, or surrounding tissue develops holes;
Common Hernia Mesh Injuries
When these complications occur, they can cause further injury to the patient. A few examples include:
- High fever
- Chronic pain
- Abdominal pain and stiffness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Urinary retention and constipation
- Unusual bruising and swelling
Recover Compensation After Hernia Mesh Complications
Thousands of injured patients have already filed hernia mesh lawsuits to hold negligent manufacturers accountable. If your case is successful, you may be compensated for any damages accumulated. This may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Surgical costs
- Hospital bills
- Follow-up care
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
At Robert Peirce & Associates, P.C., we are committed to helping clients maximize their compensation. Over our more than 40 years of practice, we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia.
As a testament to our dedication to our clients, we accept cases on a contingency-fee basis. If we don’t obtain a favorable verdict or settlement, you won’t owe us a dime.
Call (844) 383-0565 today! Our Pittsburgh hernia mesh lawsuit lawyers stand ready to take your call 24/7.
Putting Our Clients FirstUnparalleled Communication & Representation
“My experience with Robert Peirce & Associates, P.C. was exceptional. From the first day that I contacted them, I knew I made the right choice. Their entire team is very knowledgeable and guides you through the entire process with ease.”- Kelly Weber
Simply fill the form out below to request your free consultation and we will be in touch shortly.