Nursing Home Bed Sore Lawyers in Pittsburgh
Fighting for Victims of Nursing Home Negligence Across PA
Bed sores are not just a fact of living in a nursing home. They can be a clear indication of neglect and improper care. You have legal options to recover compensation for the pain and complications caused while holding the right people responsible for neglect and abuse.
Robert Peirce & Associates, P.C. was one of the first law firms in this region to make cases of nursing home abuse and neglect a priority. In the years since, we have handled many cases involving bed sores (also known as pressure sores or decubitus ulcers) and have successfully represented numerous clients in West Virginia, Ohio, and Western Pennsylvania litigation.
If you have recently discovered or been notified that your loved one has developed a pressure sore while under the care of a nursing home or assisted living facility, don't hesitate to contact our bed sore attorneys in Pittsburgh to arrange for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Bed Sores in Nursing Homes
Some of the most common causes of pressure sores include:
- Poor hygiene and cleanliness: One of the main reasons that bed sores can develop in nursing homes is due to poor hygiene and cleanliness. When patients are not regularly cleaned and turned, it can lead to the buildup of bacteria and moisture on their skin. This can cause irritation and increase the risk of developing bed sores.
- Inadequate nutrition: Another common cause of bed sores in nursing home residents is inadequate nutrition and dehydration. Many elderly patients in nursing homes may have difficulty eating or have specific dietary needs that are not being met. This lack of proper nutrition can weaken their immune system and make them more susceptible to developing bed sores.
- Lack of movement or exercise: Bedridden patients who are unable to move or exercise are at a higher risk for developing bed sores. Without regular movement, pressure points on the body can become irritated and eventually lead to the development of bed sores. Negligence by nursing home staff in not properly turning or repositioning patients can contribute to this issue.
- Failure to provide necessary medical equipment: In some cases, nursing homes may fail to provide necessary medical equipment, such as specialized mattresses or cushions, which can help prevent the development of pressure ulcers. This failure to provide appropriate care can be considered negligence and puts patients at a higher risk for developing these painful and potentially dangerous wounds.
Are All Bed Sores the Result of Abusive or Neglectful Care?
The short answer is no. Medical conditions such as diabetes, for instance, can make nursing home residents prone to developing bed sores. However, most bed sores can be prevented or effectively treated if discovered early enough or closely monitored. Conversely, bed sores that have developed to the point where treatment is ineffective can be seen as the epitome of neglect.
How a Lawyer Can Help Prove Your Case
Nursing home abuse lawyers play a crucial role in seeking justice for victims of bed sores resulting from neglect or inadequate care. When pursuing a legal case related to bed sores, our lawyers focus on proving the following:
- Negligence: Demonstrating that the nursing home breached its duty of care by failing to prevent or adequately treat bed sores.
- Standard of care: Establishing that the nursing home deviated from the accepted standard of care for residents, contributing to the development of bed sores.
- Causation: Connecting the negligence or abuse to the actual harm suffered by the resident, highlighting the direct link between inadequate care and the development of bed sores.
Why Choose Robert Peirce & Associates?
While not all bed sores are the result of neglect or malpractice, they can usually be prevented and treated. Our Pittsburgh bed sore lawyers step forward when nursing home staff or physicians fail to recognize the problem or assist those who suffer from a pressure sore.
We are committed to the work of representing seniors who have become bedridden or medically prone to developing bed sores and pressure ulcers.
You rely on nursing homes and assisted living facilities to provide your loved ones with a comfortable, safe, and professional environment. When these professionals fail to live up to their professional and ethical standards, we put the experience, resources, and knowledge behind your case to be effective. We can review your case and give you clear advice on what options are available and how to proceed.
Call Now for a Free Consultation
Bed sores and pressure ulcers are a painful consequence of nursing home negligence, emphasizing the importance of holding negligent facilities accountable. Nursing home abuse lawyers play a crucial role in advocating for the rights of residents and seeking compensation for the physical and emotional suffering caused by preventable bed sores. As advocates for justice, our Pittsburgh bed sore attorneys work to ensure that those responsible for neglect and abuse in nursing homes are held accountable for their actions.
If your loved one is suffering, contact our Pittsburgh pressure ulcer lawyers at (844) 383-0565 today. We offer free consultations and take cases on contingency.
“My experience with Robert Peirce & Associates, P.C. was exceptional. From the first day that I contacted them, I knew I made the right choice. Their entire team is very knowledgeable and guides you through the entire process with ease.”- Kelly Weber
Simply fill the form out below to request your free consultation and we will be in touch shortly.